It’s Carousel Watergardens Farm Market Day this Saturday February 12th. We will be set up in the parking lot of the Glenwood United Methodist Church at 2833 Valleyview Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43204, from 10am-1pm. We are located at the corner of Hague & Valleyview Drive, look for our big gray market trailer where you can shop inside our heated market trailer. Be sure to stop by and please tell all your friends and family. Check out our soup recipe below.
Shop our delicious farm fresh produce of broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, and carrots, along with our purple, russet, red & fingerling potatoes, red & yellow onions, garlic, sweet onions and sweet potatoes. Stock up on our farm fresh selection of winter squash choose from butternut, delicata, spaghetti, hooli, pie pumpkins, striped, green and carnival acorn squash. Choose from our wonderful variety of pantry-fare items to tempt your taste buds such as jams, jellies, soup mixes, pure natural honey, honey comb, honey sticks, maple syrup, popcorn, herb dips, rubs & seasonings and our fresh ground oat & wheat flour. Browse our “Reflections by CAR” a line of stationary cards depicting scenic, rural, farm, nature & animals. Don’t forget to pick up your CSA eggs & ground beef too.
We look forward to seeing this Saturday February 12th. Our next market is February 19th
Here is a recipe for our delicious hardy potato soup; it really hits the spot on these cold winter days. Try this recipe or pick up one of our many soup mixes we have at the market.
CWFFarm Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup Recipe
This recipe is comfort food at its most delicious! Hamburger, potatoes & vegetables all combine to make one great soup.
- 1 pounds Carousel Watergardens Farm lean ground beef
- 1 medium CWFFArm white onion peeled and diced ( I like to use our sweet onions)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 6 cups of peeled & diced CWFFarm Russet or red potatoes
- 1 CWFFarm carrot diced
- 1 can of corn drained or 2 cups of your favorite frozen vegetable mix
- 1 can of tender young sweet peas drained
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- In a large skillet, fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
- Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
- Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve slightly.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it’s melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.
You can add more broth if you like a thinner soup, or even 1/2 cup of sour cream at the end to add some tang.
Calories: 279kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 959mg, Potassium: 948mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 2130IU, Vitamin C: 19.8mg, Calcium: 215mg, Iron: 3.3mg