Join us at the Make Gahanna Yours Farmers Market this Sunday August 25th from 4-7 pm at 75 W. Johnstown Rd., Gahanna, Ohio 43230. We will have our farm fresh vegetables of red & green tomatoes, grape & mini Roma tomatoes, Mini cucumbers, Asian & baby eggplant, potatoes, beets, garlic, red, white & sweet onions, sweet & hot peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, green & yellow zucchini, okra, pickle cucumbers, yellow squash, patty pan squash along with our CSA eggs & meat and our delicious pantry-fare of jams & jellies, honey & maple syrup.
This weeks recipes feature our large zucchini used in a delicious moist Zucchini Bread and our mini roma tomatoes & cucumber used in a quick salsa recipe.
CWFFarm Homemade Quick Mini Roma Salsa Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins
Super simple salsa recipe- perfect hostess gift and so easy to make.
Serves 6- half cup servings
- 3 pints of fresh CWFFarm mini Roma or grape tomatoes
- 1 small CWFFarm onion- sweet or red- diced chopped
- ¼ c. minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ c sweet CWFFarm Purple bell pepper chopped
- ¼ c sweet CWFFarm Yellow bell pepper chopped
- 4 teaspoons of CWFFarm jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 CWFFarm sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper to taste (for a little more heat you can add a pinch of cayenne to taste)
- 1 clove of CWFFarm garlic minced
- 20-40 mini cucumbers chopped (optional)
- You just want to roughly chop the tomatoes and place in a food processor or a blender.
- Add the onion and cilantro and garlic.
- Give the mixture a quick few chops in your mixer.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper and you can add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper for more heat optional.
- Add the bell & jalapeno pepper(s) and blend.
- For a chunky salsa you want to just do a few quick pulses in the food processer.
- Add chopped mini cucumbers and stir, you can serve now or refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend then serve.
Granny’s Best-Ever Zucchini Bread
We use up our large “club zucchini’s to make this bread. Make several loaves and freeze for later or for holiday gifts. You can also shred your zucchini ahead of time and freeze to use later in baking.
3 Carousel Watergardens Farm/Omelet Acres eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cups loosely packed coarsely grated CWFFarm zucchini
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Beat in sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla. Beat this mixture until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in zucchini. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped walnuts. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.