CWFFarm Market day is this Saturday July 25th. Join us in the parking lot of the Glenwood United Methodist Church from 9 am -12pm at 2833 Valleyview Dr, Columbus, OH. 43204. Located at the corner of Hague & Valleyview Drive.
More vegetables are coming on daily some of our farm fresh seasonal produce we will have this Saturday- fresh red & green tomatoes, green & yellow zucchini, yellow squash, baby eggplant, green beans, patty pan squash, broccoli, carrots, beets, cauliflower, limited amount bell peppers just coming on, Brussel sprouts, oriental eggplant, fresh kale, gourmet personal cabbages, red & yellow potatoes, red, white & sweet onions, garlic, green cabbage, oriental eggplant and sweet potatoes. Also choose from our delicious pantry-fare products of honey, honey sticks, maple syrup, jams & jellies, soup mixes, herb dips, rubs & seasonings, and our farm grown gourmet popcorn. Pick up your farm fresh CSA eggs and ground beef. Check out our recipes for patty pan squash lemon bread, & zucchini, fresh vegetables & pasta on our web page at cwffarm.com click on newletters.
Come see us for all your farm fresh products at our farm market this Saturday from 9-noon. Remember share and tell all your friends & family. We are also looking for another location to set up in the Columbus area if you know of anyone who has a parking lot in a good location that we could use please let us know.
Patty Pan Lemon Bread
A very lemony Patty Pan Squash Sweet Bread that is light and airy. A perfect bread for breakfast, brunch, dessert or as an afternoon snack. Serves 12
2 cups cake flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs, room temperature
½ cup vegetable oil
1⅓ cups sugar
½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup CWFFarm Patty Pan squash chopped in a food processor
The Lemon Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one 9×5 loaf pan with vegetable shortening
Triple sift first three ingredients; cake flour, salt and baking powder and set aside
In the container of a blender add the next six ingredients; eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Blend until well mixed.
In three batches, add flour mixture to blender. Pulse until just blended. About 5 pulses, then add next batch, pulse 5 times, add last batch of flour and pulse 5 times more. Be careful to not over mix.
Fold in chopped Patty Pan squash with a spatula right into the blender
From the blender container pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Check midway through baking. If top or sides are browning too much, cover with a sheet of tin foil and continue baking.
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from loaf pan to a rack with parchment paper sheet underneath
Mix glaze ingredients together thoroughly. Pour over still warm Patty Pan Lemon Bread. Pull parchment paper from under cooling rack and replace with a new sheet. Pour the lemon glaze from the first parchment sheet back onto the Patty Pan Lemon Loaf to capture as much of the lemon glaze as possible. YUM!!!
Cool completely, slice and serve
NOTE: Add optional 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or 1 cup frozen blueberries or both to batter before baking.
Carousel Watergardens Farm Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes Recipe
Angel hair tossed with summer zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes fresh from the farm. A perfect meatless meal you’ll crave over and over. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan cheese!
- 2- small to medium size CWFFarm green & yellow zucchini, spiralized or julienne
- 4 cloves CWFFarm garlic, chopped
- 1 medium CWFFarm sweet onion diced
- 3 medium CWFFarm tomatoes, diced (or 2 cups grape/cherry red, yellow, blue mix tomatoes, halved) adds color.
- 2 CWFFarm purple & yellow medium bell peppers diced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, wheat or gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Grated fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat pan on medium-high flame, add oil when pan is hot.
- Add garlic and onions to the pan and sauté about 1 minute, until soft.
- Add zucchini, peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, add tomatoes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta when done reserving some of the water and toss the pasta well with zucchini and tomatoes vegetable mix. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional).
Nutritional Information: Serving: 1/4th of recipe, Calories: 254kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 7.5g, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0.3mg, Sodium: 73mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 2.5g