This Saturday Nov. 30th Carousel Watergardens Farm Country Market will be set up in the Glenwood United Methodist Church parking lot from 10 am -1pm at 2833 Valleyview Dr, Columbus, OH. 43204. It is located at the corner of Hague & Valleyview Drive. Stay warm & dry inside our heated farm market trailer. Please be sure to tell and share with all your friends & family.
We will have our farm fresh winter produce such as winter squash of delicata, kabocha, striped acorn, butternut, hooli, spaghetti and pie pumpkins. Also our delicious brussel sprouts, beets, broccoli, red, yellow & purple potatoes, red, white & sweet onions, garlic, cabbage and carrots. Pick up some great stocking stuffers for gifts of our delicious pantry-fare of soup mixes, herb dips, rubs & seasonings, jams & jellies, maple syrup, oat & wheat flour, popcorn, honey and honey comb and maple syrup. Pick up your delicious farm fresh CSA eggs, ground beef & pork sausage. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday. See our wonderful recipe for winter squash and leftover turkey below.
Please note due to a schedule conflict we will not have a market Dec. 7th but we will be back on Dec. 14 & 21st, be sure to mark your calendar.
Check out our facebook page and like us at https://www.facebook.com/Carousel-Watergardens-Farm-604075689641381/
CWFFarm Winter Squash Turkey Bake
Total Time Prep: 70 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes 4 servings
• 1 medium Carousel Watergardens Farm butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds) or any winter squash you like
• 3/4 cup finely chopped CWFFarm onion
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Cathy’s Tasty Treats poultry seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
• Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Scoop out flesh; mash and set aside.
• In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the croutons, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until croutons are toasted. Stir in the squash, turkey and broth; heat through.
• Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
1-1/4 cups: 383 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.