It’s market day this Saturday February 2, 2019 join Carousel Watergardens Farm from 10am-1pm at the Glenwood United Methodist Church parking lot at 2833 Valleyview Dr, Columbus, OH 43204. The church is located at the corner of Hague & Valleyview Drive. Come and shop for your farm fresh products in our heated big grey farm market trailer.
Pick up some of our herb dip mixes for your Super Bowl parties as well as our seasonal winter vegetables such as onions, cabbage, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, red, purple & fingerling potatoes, acorn squash, butternut, kabocha, hooli and spaghetti squash. Load up on our farm fresh CSA eggs, ground beef, pork & pork sausage. We have our delicious popcorn, herb dips, rubs & seasonings, jams & jellies, honey, honey comb and maple syrup. Put on a big pot of soup with our delicious soup mixes. Bake up some delicious cookies with our fresh ground oat & wheat flour. Be sure to browse our selection of “Reflections by CAR” stationary depicting scenic, rural, farm, nature and animals scenes. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday and please spread the word and share with all your friends & family. We’d love for you to like us on Facebook.
Here is a wonderful recipe using our oat flour to make delicious cookies for your next get together.
Oatmeal Butter Cookies
A classic recipe for oatmeal butter cookies that is so simple, containing only sugar, butter, flour, and oats and lots of cinnamon and vanilla.
- Total: 27 mins · Prep: 15 mins · Cook: 12 mins · Yield: about 36 cookies (36 servings)
- 1 cup butter (softened; NO substitutes!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar (plus more for flattening each cookie)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
Steps to Make It
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add both kinds of sugars, beating until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then add the flour, salt, cinnamon, and oatmeal. Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the refrigerator until it is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Shape the dough into marble-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a drinking glass dipped into granulated sugar. Dip the glass into sugar between each cookie to re-sugar the glass.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are just set and turn light golden brown. Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets for about a minute, then remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
94 Calories, 6g Fat, 11g Carbs, 1g Protein